Summer Theatre School
The Chester Playhouse is pleased to announce our Summer Theatre School production for 2017!
July 24th – Aug 19th
At the Chester Playhouse, youth have a great opportunity to learn from qualified instructors who have backgrounds excelling in performance arts. Youth will participate in organized activities that produce creativity and personal growth.
What you sign up for:
Organized theatrical activity for youth aged 9-17
An environment where youth will develop and improve their self-confidence and communication skills as they work together to produce and perform an exciting theatrical project.
Monday – Friday 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
2:00 pm – 9:00 pm Aug 14th – Aug 19th (performance week)
Please complete and mail in your registration forms by July 1st
2017 SUMMER SCHOOL Information Sheet & RELEASE
Coming up this summer in Summer Theatre School
1) The premier teen production of Robin Hood The Legendary Musical Comedy
2) Intensive workshops with the writer/director, lyricist and a special workshop with fight choreographer from the original Shakespeare By The Sea Production (That the youth will love)
3) Performing at Picnic In The Park
4) Performing at the Chester Farmer’s Market
5) Working with Alumni: “Student” Choreographer Abby Blanchard and “Student” Director Miguel Fowke
6) Musical Direction by David Findley
7) Cast goes to the theatre to see The Leonard Cohen Show with Cliff Lejeune and the Blue engine String Quartette
8) Visits/workshops with professional: Writers, directors, actors, and Choreographers.
9) Intensive history of Robin Hood with Professor Marina Davidson
10) A week long Make-up workshop with Donna Whitford
11) Prop creation with Dawn Curry
12) An added week of STS—going from a 3 week program to a 4!
13) 5 performances at the Chester Playhouse
14) Oh! And that Acting, Singing, Dancing, thing followed by performance and a cast party!
The registration cost for the program is $450.00
Bursaries are available upon application to ProKids, or The Alexander Flemming Pattillo Foundation.
Please contact the General Manager for details.
The Production for 2017 will be
The Legendary Musical Comedy
Created by Halifax’s Shakespeare by the Sea Collective
Directed by Cynthia Myers
When the impossibly handsome Robin of Locksley returns from the Crusades, he expects a hero’s welcome… but Prince John, the capital E.V.I.L. brother of King Richard, along with the Sheriff of Nottingham have taken charge, stolen Robin’s home (and his favourite black shirt!), and have set about to tax the poor people of the land into oblivion. After Robin is banished to Sherwood Forest, he must join an unlikely group of outlaws to seek revenge, correct bad grammar, and of course, right the wrongs of society by stealing from the rich and giving to the poor…
This irreverent to the core Canadian-made musical features clever, biting and amusing twists on the familiar legends of Robin Hood and his Merry Men. With fast-paced, witty lyrics and a polished, sophisticated score, this show is sure to have you singing “The Evil Song”, “Undercover Lover” and “After Intermission” long after the curtain has come down!
Please complete and mail in your registration forms by July 1st 2017 SUMMER SCHOOL Information Sheet & RELEASE
The General Manager
PO Box 293 Chester NS
If you have any questions about the program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Following are pictures from the 2014 production of Lucky Stiff