GOVERNANCE AT THE CHESTER PLAYHOUSE
The Vision, Mission and Mandate of the Playhouse set the framework for our programs, events and community engagement.
We are valued as artistic and community leaders, and as an integral part of our vibrant, culturally rich region.
To offer and promote cultural experiences which engage our community, and to operate a welcoming, accessible, arts facility.
- Source, present, and promote live theatre, a range of music performances, film and other cultural experiences.
- Educational and participatory opportunities for youth and adults.
- Mentor and train aspiring arts professionals.
- Collaborate with community partners.
- Engage the citizens of Chester Municipality and area, as well as others who seek shared cultural experiences.
- Sustainably equip, operate, and maintain the Chester Playhouse as a facility that integrates technology and leverages its potential.
The Chester Playhouse is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors. Membership is drawn from the immediate community and broader region so that we can be effective in linking local knowledge with opportunities to build programs that will strengthen the Playhouse.